Whether you are expanding your living space or trying to generate some extra income by renting out the basement, It defiantly will add more value to your property. Finishing a basement feels like the ultimate goal for many homeowners. Not only is it a chance to add some more — probably much needed — living space to your home, but it allows you the rare opportunity to design a dream room from the ground up. Working with that much flexibility can often feel overwhelming, especially if you’re dealing with it for the first time. Our team of experts will sketch and measure your existing basement floor and after reviewing all the available options, design the floor plan that suits your needs, taste and budget.
Kitchen and Bathroom Renovation
In many houses, the kitchen is truly the center of the home. Therefore, it’s often one of the biggest targets for renovations and remodels. However, it can be a big undertaking to renovate your kitchen to the form you wish it to take. This causes many people to resist committing to a remodel, even if their kitchen desperately needs to be overhauled.
Here are some of the biggest reasons you should consider remodeling your kitchen:
- Deterioration. Whether it’s cracked tiles, broken counter tops, warped cabinets or outdated appliances, there is likely to be some form of deterioration in your kitchen if it hasn’t been touched in decades. At some point, a kitchen has simply outlived its original usefulness and needs to be remodeled.
- Value. If you know that sometime down the road you’re looking to sell your home, a freshly renovated kitchen is a great way to increase your home’s marketability. A brand new kitchen will be much more likely to grab the interest of potential buyers, and will increase the value of your home.
- Energy efficiency. Are you wasting a lot of energy in your kitchen? A remodel could bring in more sunlight, or give you energy-efficient appliances that will help you to save on energy costs.
- Special needs. If anyone in your family has special needs of any sort, it’s a good idea to remodel your kitchen to accommodate those needs.
- Lifestyle. The original homeowner likely designed the kitchen to best suit his or her lifestyle. Why not adapt your kitchen to fit your lifestyle, rather than the other way around? Add a breakfast bar, more cabinets, knock out a wall or increase your counter space; your options are limitless!
- Better cooking options. If you are a more advanced cook and would like to upgrade your kitchen to accommodate your abilities, then a remodel is an excellent idea. Novice kitchen setups can really limit what you can do as a gourmet cook.
Whatever reason you have for remodeling your kitchen, Brilliant Home Improvement is here to work with you throughout the entire process. Contact us today to discuss your potential project and to get a quote; we’re happy to work with you and answer any questions that you have about our services and how they can benefit you.
Wall movement and addition
This is probably the biggest challenge that open-concept living solves. Small spaces can feel so much smaller when they’re cut up by walls that delineate one living space from another. Adding more square footage comes at a cost and isn’t always an option. Whether you’re in an apartment that can’t be expanded or adding on a room is cost-prohibitive, open-concept can be a perfect solution.
A home addition requires careful planning and some technical expertise. Everything is done in several, and separate, stages and each of them is crucial. At Brilliant Home Improvement a Reno-Assistance adviser will guide you through all stages of your project. Depending on the configuration of your home, the most often considered solutions are extensions on foundation, with or without a basement, an extension on a pier foundation, the addition of a garage, as well as the addition of a floor. In the case of an extension on concrete or pier foundation, it’s possible to make a slant towards the back of the house or a lateral extension according to the configuration of your house or the surrounding property.
We also do, Rough and Finish carpentry, Trim work, Plumbing, Electrical, Deck and Fence building, Painting and flooring.